About the Journal
Focus and Scope
By virtue of the prevailing multilingualism of both the Editorial Team and the Advisory Board, the platinum open access journal Studies in Communication Sciences (SComS) provides a unique forum for exchange among media and communication scientists in English, German, French, and Italian. As SComS is based in Switzerland at the German, French and Italian-speaking intersections of the world, the journal’s mission is to showcase the developments in communication sciences in these language areas. The journal proposes a multidisciplinary approach to communication sciences that is quite unique. SComS is becoming a home to different traditions, disciplines, contexts and methodologies, all dealing with communication in its different facets.
Peer Review Process
SComS uses double-blind review: Both the reviewer and author identities are concealed from the reviewers, and vice versa, throughout the review process.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content without charging publication fees (platinum open access). SComS is based on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Articles are distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) License.
Further information on open access:
- Swiss Academy of Humanities and Social Sciences (SAGW): Open Access Strategy
- Swiss National Science Foundation (SNF): What is Open Access? [PDF]
Abstracting & Indexing
Studies in Communication Sciences (SComS) is proud to be indexed and displayed on the following sources and platforms:
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- Elsevier's Scopus
- ERIH PLUS
- Free Journal Network (FJN)
- Google Scholar
- International Association for Media & Communication Research (IAMCR, list of open access journals)
- International Institute of Organized Research (I2OR)
- Link-Datenbank zur Linguistik (Linse-Links)
- Open Media and Communication Research #opencomm – Journal List
- Radical Open Access Collective
- Scimago (SJR)
- Sherpa Romeo
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
We are looking forward to receiving your submission. Before submitting a manuscript to Studies in Communication Sciences (SComS), please read our Submission Guidelines.